Spiral Bound (Books)
If you’re putting together reports, workbooks, presentations, or other projects, spiral bound books are a great binding solution. Spiral bound books are an affordable way to professionally present your printed materials.
- Works well with books of all sizes
- Really popular binding option for cookbooks, presentations and more
- Simple design and cost effective
- Makes smaller projects with few pages look “polished”
- Works perfectly with a variety of paper options
- Binding allows the book to lay completely flat
- File Format Required: PDF
- Resolution: 300 DPI
- Color (CMYK or RGB?) CMYK preferred??? RGB colors may come out differently than expected
How does the process work?
Plastic coils are threaded through holes punched in the spinal edge of the pages to hold the book together. After the coil is inserted, the ends are crimped to prevent the book from coming apart.
Is it cost-effective for both small and large print orders?
Since the binding requires coils rather than glue, this process is an excellent option for smaller production runs. No glue means faster turnaround and reduced time means reduced binding cost.
What is the minimum number of papers that can use spiral binding?
As few as four pages, or two sheets, can be used when spiral binding printed materials.
What is the maximum number of papers that can use spiral binding?
This depends on the coil being used during spiral binding and the thickness of the paper.